Sunday, February 15, 2009

Beatlemania

With a broken heart today I went and saw the Classical Mystery Tour at the Detroit Symphony Orchestra Hall. It was an incredible show, I had a blast. It was probably the closest thing I will ever have to attending a real live Beatles show. I did see Ringo live once, and I really enjoyed that as well! I have always loved the Beatles, ever since I was a kid. My favorite album is still the White Album and if I could own every single vinyl I would! I have listened to every song they ever recorded at least a dozen times each, and I have shared a many deep connections with most of them. But I really have to say, seeing them today, with the aching in my heart, I really got a feeling of calmness from them. Each and every song performed seemed to tell me that its all going to be ok. "I said something wrong, now I long for yesterday." In all actuality I long for the day before yesterday, but I am glad that John and Paul understood how I am feeling right now. And then George really made me feel better, by letting me know "its been a long, cold, lonely winter, little darling... Here comes the sun." And even Ringo can get credit too! "I get by with a little help from my friends" Even if those friends are Gabby, Annie and Beer, I know that I will get by, and I know in my heart that things happen for a reason and everything will be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment