Sunday, January 1, 2012

A New Year, A New Start

I know resolutions are only ever set so they can just be broken, and I'm probably not the first person to say this, but this year feels different. Maybe it's because this could be the last year before the zombie apocalypse/end of the Mayan calendar. Whatever it is, I want to take advantage of this feeling and really get some things done this time.

One thing I would really like to do is write more. And I'm thinking I really don't have any excuses to not write at least once a day. For instance, right now I am writing from the passenger seat of my car as Mikey, Diesel & I are on our way home from up state. Smart phones really are changing the way we live.

While we're on the topic of smart phones, I should really start using my Noom app again. I need to really focus this year on eating better, exercising, giving up soda, and losing weight.

Another thing I want to do is post a board in my room with things I want to do this year, one side for things to do and the other for completed items. Simple things like go to the zoo, household chores like finally finishing the molding, and more serious stuff like losing 10 lbs. And fun things like go to the UP, and to Boston to visit my aunts. Saving some money will also be a nice goal to set too.

So many things to do, and why not have some fun doing it. I hope everyone has a great 2012. Be safe, have fun, be yourself, better yourself. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment