Thursday, January 5, 2012

Resolutions

So as I mentioned earlier this week, I had an idea to make a board in my room and post my 2012 goals.  I wanted to have a variety of goals that would not only be serious, but also fun.  And they would be small enough that they would actually be accomplished.  There are a few bigger plans on the board, but I think I was able to break them into increments so it wont be too overwhelming.

Here's what I did. 

I went on Amazon and found a magnetic white board, some chart tape, and some printable magnetic 8x10 sheets.  I got on Word over the past few days while I was awaiting the arrival of the supplies and started jotting down some goals.  Picked a nice font (ok, its comic sans but it was the cutest, yet readable and bold enough to choose from), Lined them up in 3 columns, adjusted the margins and what not.  As the week went on I added more and more little ideas and finally came up with a list I found deserving of my time.

Today, all of my goodies arrived in those cute little smiling boxes and I set out to get the board made.
Goals: Typed and Cut Up, Magnetic Board, Magnet Sheets
I printed out my goals, and used my slide cutter (excuse me, my sisters, slide cutter) to cut them all down to size.  Some of the goals were bigger, some had additional pieces.  For instance, I would like to lose weight, so there are goals in 10 lb increments, I would also like to do things like "Go to the gym every (week) day" but I know I can't do that so they are in rewarding increments like "For a week," "For a month," and "For 3 Months" and so on.

Originally, I wanted to have a side that was for "Need to Do" and a side for "Completed" (thus why I bought the chart tape. Yes, I am a nerd and I didn't just want to draw one. And it was only $2.) But once I got every thing on, there wasn't exactly enough room.  I didn't count them, but there are a lot!
My Goals Board: Complete with all my goals
And I of course hung it in my room where I could see it.
I know, I have some strange things on my walls
So, now you are probably wondering what kinds of goals I set for myself.  Well here's the list, in it's entirety:
  • Lose 10 lbs.
  • Lose 20 lbs.
  • Lose 30 lbs.
  • Lose 40 lbs.
  • Lose 50 lbs.
  • Lose 60 lbs.
  • Lose 70 lbs.
  • Lose 80 lbs.
  • Save $100
  • Save $500
  • Save $1,000
  • Save $2,500
  • Save $5,000
  • Save $7,500
  • Save $10,000
  • Visit the Zoo
  • Go to a Tigers Game
  • Go to a Concert
  • Go to a Pistons Game
  • Go to a Lions Game
  • Go to a Red Wings Game
  • Go to Boston
  • Go to the UP
  • Climb a tree with Mikey
  • Go Fishing
  • Go Hunting
  • Learn to Skate
  • Go Camping
  • Bike the CRT:
  • From Adams to Roch
  • From Opdyke to Rochester
  • Bike the PCT:
  • From Roch to LO
  • Go Swimming
  • Eat Better
  • Pack A Lunch Every Day:
  • For a Week
  • For a Month
  • For 3 Months
  • For 6 Months
  • For 9 Months
  • For a Year
  • Go to the Gym Every Day:
  • For a Week
  • For a Month
  • For 3 Months
  • For 6 Months
  • For 9 Months
  • For a Year
  • Take Diesel for Walks
  • Babysit the Clark Kids
  • Go to a Fair
  • Go to Cedar Point
  • Ride a Rollercoaster
  • Take a Hot Air Balloon Ride
  • Go to the Dentist
  • Drink More Water
  • Drink Less Pop
  • Write Every Day
  • Read More Books
  • Learn to Drive my Motorcycle
  • Drive my Motorcycle to Work
  • Line-Up Track
  • Penalty Track
  • Penalty Time
  • Box Official
  • Score Keep
  • Head NSO
  • Go Skydiving
  • Finish Molding in:
  • Bathroom
  • Bedrooms
  • Living Room
  • Kitchen
  • Replace Storm Door
  • Put in Sidewalk
  • Install Metal Roof
  • Insulate Attic
  • Promote Blog around Town
  • Visit Mackinac Island
  • Visit Greenfield Village
  • Visit Henry Ford Museum
  • Visit Motown Museum
  • Visit DIA
  • Drive Motorcycle to Cooks Dairy Farm
  • Pick Strawberries
  • Go Boating on Lake Saint Clair
  • See a Shipwreck
  • Visit Hartwick Pines
  • Donate to a Charity
  • Complete a Charity Walk
  • Go Bowling
  • See a Movie
  • See a Play
  • Get Carpets Cleaned
  • Paint Doors
  • Install Doorknobs
  • Plant Flowers
I think one of these goals should also include learning how to make columns or some sort of table in HTML.

So there it is.  My Goals for 2012.  I will try to come back and cross things off as I get them accomplished.  As for my board, I will just be removing them and putting them some where.  I think a lot of them can be used for years to come. Some of them will get done sooner than others and I am sure at the end of the year I might look back and say damn, I missed getting that one.  But I am not going to be sore about it.  I am just going to keep trying to clear them as best as I can. 


Good luck to anyone else that has resolutions this year.  Feel free to share with me some of your ideas as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment