Sunday, April 5, 2009

House Fever

Mikey and I recently decided that with the number of foreclosed homes in the area, we needed to take advantage of the cost savings and try to get a house of our own. We have been blessed with the ability to offer cash, up to a point of course, and so we have been searching for houses in the under 50k group. We've seen a few here and there and nothing has really stood out, of course until one we saw listed on Thursday. We set up and appointment to go see it on Friday, and since I have a lot of vacation time to use, I figured I'd take a half day even. So, Friday, about a half hour before I am supposed to leave, I get a call from Mikey, the house has an accepted offer. Bummer. But, since I already had the time off, I went home.

Mikey and I poked around on the internet for a bit looking at some houses, but then he was going to his mom's to play with his motorcycle. We had the address of a house near his mom's house so he figured he'd stop by to peek in the windows and he'd give me a call. In the meantime, I was bored out of my mind so I stopped by Ian's to chat for a bit. Mikey called and said that the door was actually open on the house, so if I wanted to, I should go over and check it out with him.

It's just a standard ranch, 3 bedrooms, 1.5 baths. It was built in 1980, solid foundation, with a crawl and a 2-car attached garage. It needs some major cleaning up, but besides paint, carpet and some other minor things for appearance, it sounds like a winner! When we got home that afternoon, I looked it back up on the web, the asking price is just right! I don't want to get my hopes up, there could already be an offer on the place, but we did contact our agent and she's gonna put the bid in on Monday. It sounds like the place hasn't been listed for very long, so I am hoping we are the first ones with an offer. Again, I am still trying very hard not to get my hopes up!

No comments:

Post a Comment